I had an interesting conversation today about what research is and is not.
- Is research turning practice into theory?
- Is it turning theory into practice and observing the effects?
- Is it anything that involves measuring something else?
- Is academic research a different type of research to research?
Now, I am aware of what books/REF criteria might say research is, but am interested to know how you would define it?
“An August 2013 account of what research is”….
- DIfferent research methods (res300.wordpress.com)
- Why evidence cannot replace opinion (knowledgetranslationoxfordblog.wordpress.com)
- Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad REF? (historylabplus.wordpress.com)